Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Links

Mart.'s Fiesta ST

Go down 
+2
MarcW
Mart.
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mart.
Club Staff
Mart.

Mart.'s Fiesta ST Empty
PostSubject: Mart.'s Fiesta ST   Mart.'s Fiesta ST I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 4:20 am

Before i start this wont be no fast moving project lol, if you can call it a project...... i think it will be more of a progress thread than a project lol.

Spec So far:
Performance Blue ST
Full service History
Full Milltek exhaust including Sports cat
K&N Cone filter with cold air feed
17" White OZ superturismo (i think) wheels
Wrapped in brand new 205/40/17 Yokohama Parads Spec 2's
Eibach Springs
Colour coded mud flaps
Engine bling y0
Upper strut brace
White fog light rings
Uprated JBL Speakers front and rear, including tweeters in the pillars (sound awesome)

To come:
Private Plate to be put on
Rear diffuser
Facelift Headlights
Remap - Bluefin Stage 2 map (designed for full exhaust and breathing mods)
Lots of cleaning

So, some pics:

Mart.'s Fiesta ST SS101065

Mart.'s Fiesta ST SS101070

Mart.'s Fiesta ST SS101068

Mart.'s Fiesta ST SS101069

Mart.'s Fiesta ST SS101074

I did try my turinis on this put they looked awfully small compared to the oz's:

Mart.'s Fiesta ST 05022010157

So, when i bought the car there was a few niggly problems i had to sort one of which i wasnt aware of.

The first was the studs on the front right wheel had been tightened by some monkey and he threaded all the studs and the nuts. So they worked their way loose, and i was lucky to catch it in time.

Was a cheap fix - £10 for studs and nuts from Ford. Thankfully they just knocked staright out and the new ones were put in.

Heres one of the bolts with thread missing:
Mart.'s Fiesta ST 16022010168

Then the window on the drivers side was making a strange noise when going up so i set about this aswell. Took the doorcard to find that someone had put sound deadending behind the door and the window was catching on it, hence making the noise.
So, i cut it all back, and that sorted that Very Happy

Next the heating was stuck on the feet and window screen and wouldnt move. So, as a result of whoever put the radio in last time because the bezel has to come off, me and my dad assumed that they had distrubed something.
So, after a ballache to get the bezel off the front, i couldn't see what it was to begin with as the switch seemed fine, however, i followed the cable and found this, which you can make it in the background has popped out of its home:

Mart.'s Fiesta ST 25022010188

Slotted that straight back in and job was a good one Very Happy

Lastly niggle was an annoying noise coming from the centre console, so i opened that up and found the problem staright away. A brand spanking new pencil rested in the middle lol:

Mart.'s Fiesta ST 25022010190

Took that out, and happy days, i can now hear poppage let off!

Thats where im up too at the moment, enjoy!
Back to top Go down
MarcW
Im no post virgin
MarcW

Mart.'s Fiesta ST Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mart.'s Fiesta ST   Mart.'s Fiesta ST I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 3:23 am

this is a very nice motor. i'm even (almost) convinced by the pre facelift headlights, they suit this a lot more than other i've seen.

and love the oz's. was almost tempted myself, but they would just be a poor imitation on this.

how you finding it on fuel compared to the mk5?
Back to top Go down
Mart.
Club Staff
Mart.

Mart.'s Fiesta ST Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mart.'s Fiesta ST   Mart.'s Fiesta ST I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 7:39 am

MarcW wrote:
this is a very nice motor. i'm even (almost) convinced by the pre facelift headlights, they suit this a lot more than other i've seen.

and love the oz's. was almost tempted myself, but they would just be a poor imitation on this.

how you finding it on fuel compared to the mk5?

If i didnt have the tendency to hear the popping on the milltek at every opportunity im sure fuel would rise lol, but its a bit thirstier than the blue mk5 but not as thirsty as the red mk5 was. Strange! Worht it though. Althought it will never be a diesel.

Im on the lookout for some facelifts at the moment, because they have grown loads on me. So if i get some i shall see which i prefer, and sell on either set.
Back to top Go down
Mank
Club Staff
Mank

Mart.'s Fiesta ST Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mart.'s Fiesta ST   Mart.'s Fiesta ST I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 5:07 am

Looks really nice Mart! Very Happy

You going for the map so you can keep up with these ShawSpeed ZS's? Razz
Back to top Go down
Mart.
Club Staff
Mart.

Mart.'s Fiesta ST Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mart.'s Fiesta ST   Mart.'s Fiesta ST I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 12:32 pm

Lol, it doesnt really need a map anyway as it runs fine, but may aswell make the most of the mods and gain a few ponies lol. Some on STOC have seen a fair increase.

However, that may be a bit off yet as ive got a few other things to be spending money on at the moment and got car tax at the end of the month. Gonna get a year before tax goes up £30 the day after lol.

On another note, not really mod related but i think ill be getting a nilfisk pressure washer with my work discount at some point so hopefully cleaning the wheels will be easier lol
Back to top Go down
Mank
Club Staff
Mank

Mart.'s Fiesta ST Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mart.'s Fiesta ST   Mart.'s Fiesta ST I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 2:08 pm

Swish! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mart.
Club Staff
Mart.

Mart.'s Fiesta ST Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mart.'s Fiesta ST   Mart.'s Fiesta ST I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 7:27 am

Update:

- Bought some facelift headlights, still to be delivered, but they will be getting de-tangod when they arrive.

- And after a massive ballache because of the connection on pre-facelift fiesta's i managed to find the right connectors i need to make the steering control work. Half price aswell which was a bonus.

Didnt think it would make a difference but its so much more conveinient lol.
Back to top Go down
Lynz
Club Staff
Lynz

Mart.'s Fiesta ST Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mart.'s Fiesta ST   Mart.'s Fiesta ST I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 8:08 am

noooooo not the facelift lights - they look like bug eyes - nice to see you gettin gstuck in with it though
Back to top Go down
MarcW
Im no post virgin
MarcW

Mart.'s Fiesta ST Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mart.'s Fiesta ST   Mart.'s Fiesta ST I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 8:39 am

Lynz wrote:
noooooo not the facelift lights - they look like bug eyes - nice to see you gettin gstuck in with it though

Mart.'s Fiesta ST Icon_sad

before you fit them swap the standards for some decent bulbs.
need to do mine, but cba taking them out...
Back to top Go down
Mart.
Club Staff
Mart.

Mart.'s Fiesta ST Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mart.'s Fiesta ST   Mart.'s Fiesta ST I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 9:25 am

Lynz wrote:

Im seeing what they look like first lol., i hated them when the ST first came out but they have really grown on me.

Few other things i want to do, but Uni takes priority over the next few weeks then i can get stuck in some more, and enjoy the nice weather that is hopefully on its way.
Back to top Go down
Mart.
Club Staff
Mart.

Mart.'s Fiesta ST Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mart.'s Fiesta ST   Mart.'s Fiesta ST I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 9:27 am

MarcW wrote:

Mart.'s Fiesta ST Icon_sad

before you fit them swap the standards for some decent bulbs.
need to do mine, but cba taking them out...

I have some uprated ones i put in mine, so hopefully they will fit, the standards really werent up to much even on full beam, and they were fitted wrong so were pointing to the sky.

I didnt need to take my headlights out, passenger side was fine then just moved the coolant bottle out of the way.
Back to top Go down
Lynz
Club Staff
Lynz

Mart.'s Fiesta ST Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mart.'s Fiesta ST   Mart.'s Fiesta ST I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 2:44 pm

sowwweeeeee marc wub wub
Back to top Go down
Mart.
Club Staff
Mart.

Mart.'s Fiesta ST Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mart.'s Fiesta ST   Mart.'s Fiesta ST I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 12:50 pm

Wahey... update time.

After a 3 week delay from a chap on ebay, many messages later, and having two different headlights; one from 06 and one from 08, i now have headlights fitted. Ford decided they would be clever and take the headlight deflector out from 08 onwards, resulting in me thinking that one had snapped off in of the headlights.

I also have a couple of new stickers aswell.

And it had its first proper clean yesterday: clay, polish, glaze x2, and sealant.

Anyway pics.

Mart.'s Fiesta ST SS101121

Mart.'s Fiesta ST SS101118

Mart.'s Fiesta ST SS101120

Mart.'s Fiesta ST SS101101

Mart.'s Fiesta ST SS101106

Mart.'s Fiesta ST SS101108

Mart.'s Fiesta ST SS101109

Mart.'s Fiesta ST SS101113

Last edited by Mart. on Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mank
Club Staff
Mank

Mart.'s Fiesta ST Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mart.'s Fiesta ST   Mart.'s Fiesta ST I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 1:25 pm

Mart.'s Fiesta ST Icon_elephant Awesome dude!!
Back to top Go down
AliP
Im no post virgin
AliP

Mart.'s Fiesta ST Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mart.'s Fiesta ST   Mart.'s Fiesta ST I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 11:13 am

looking well nice mate, not so sure on white wheels, but how come you didnt stick with the turismo's?
Back to top Go down
Mart.
Club Staff
Mart.

Mart.'s Fiesta ST Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mart.'s Fiesta ST   Mart.'s Fiesta ST I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 12:14 pm

Turismos are on the car dude lol, its the turinis i sold. They were just far too small, and i personally love the white wheels. They just set the whole car off, and makes it stand out.
Back to top Go down
Mart.
Club Staff
Mart.

Mart.'s Fiesta ST Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mart.'s Fiesta ST   Mart.'s Fiesta ST I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 8:07 am

Little Update:
MSPORT stickers on me mudflaps.

Mart.'s Fiesta ST 03062010203

And remedied a horrible noise i was having whenever i went over a bump in the road, coming from the driver side rear.

Turned out to be a loose brake pad lol. One of the springs on the pad has snapped off so it wobbling about, but cant fall out.
So i need some new pads, which i will get next week, but for now the broken pad has been put on the inside of the disc where the piston is to stop it moving about as the other pad is fine, so for now noise has gone, thankfully.
Back to top Go down
Mank
Club Staff
Mank

Mart.'s Fiesta ST Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mart.'s Fiesta ST   Mart.'s Fiesta ST I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 11:30 am

Looking good dude! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mart.
Club Staff
Mart.

Mart.'s Fiesta ST Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mart.'s Fiesta ST   Mart.'s Fiesta ST I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 5:14 am

Well me exhaust mount snapped off again, so i took the damn thing off now. And the exhaust still seems solid and doesnt hang low so going to see how i get on without it for a while.
Back to top Go down
B-Tech Racing
Founder
B-Tech Racing

Mart.'s Fiesta ST Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mart.'s Fiesta ST   Mart.'s Fiesta ST I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 3:12 pm

someones been a busy boy
Back to top Go down
Mart.
Club Staff
Mart.

Mart.'s Fiesta ST Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mart.'s Fiesta ST   Mart.'s Fiesta ST I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 4:50 am

I have indeed been busy now ive sweet fa to do, now uni is over. No one wants to employ me and a part time job doesnt last all week lol.

So, anyway yesterday I b-teched the front end as there was a few stone chips. As usual, i was very impressed with how it came up. Tom, you are the man for telling me about this.

Cleaned the wheels, as they looked like after a month and a lot of miles with no wash:

Mart.'s Fiesta ST SS101246

Mart.'s Fiesta ST SS101248

After:
Mart.'s Fiesta ST SS101249

Mart.'s Fiesta ST SS101250

Mart.'s Fiesta ST SS101254

Mart.'s Fiesta ST SS101253

Mart.'s Fiesta ST SS101255

Mart.'s Fiesta ST SS101256

Mart.'s Fiesta ST SS101257

Mart.'s Fiesta ST SS101258

Mart.'s Fiesta ST SS101259

Mart.'s Fiesta ST SS101262
Back to top Go down
Mank
Club Staff
Mank

Mart.'s Fiesta ST Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mart.'s Fiesta ST   Mart.'s Fiesta ST I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 11:53 am

Looking awesomely clean mate!!!

Some nice attention to detail there! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MarcW
Im no post virgin
MarcW

Mart.'s Fiesta ST Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mart.'s Fiesta ST   Mart.'s Fiesta ST I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 12:50 am

they've come up a treat, you have far too much patience.

hope something comes along job wise.
Back to top Go down
Mart.
Club Staff
Mart.

Mart.'s Fiesta ST Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mart.'s Fiesta ST   Mart.'s Fiesta ST I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 2:25 am

Thanks guys.

I even cleaned the mudflaps mank as they were a bit dirty LOL.

The wheels were a pain and by the time i got to the last i must admit my patience was wearing thin.

And Marc, i am applying, but nothing as of yet. Just want anything with full tim hours. I even applied for a job as a motor factor delivery driver. That would have been mint over the summer lol.
Back to top Go down
B-Tech Racing
Founder
B-Tech Racing

Mart.'s Fiesta ST Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mart.'s Fiesta ST   Mart.'s Fiesta ST I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 2:03 pm

yea im awesum, i take it you were sorting the chips
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Mart.'s Fiesta ST Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mart.'s Fiesta ST   Mart.'s Fiesta ST I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mart.'s Fiesta ST
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next