Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Links

Atticus' mk5 zs

Go down 
+2
Lynz
atticus
6 posters
AuthorMessage
atticus
Im no post virgin
atticus

Atticus' mk5 zs Empty
PostSubject: Atticus' mk5 zs   Atticus' mk5 zs I_icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 8:36 am

Hi there, as suggested I am starting a project thread Smile

basically after getting sick of my focus always breaking I bought the car 7 months ago looking like this:

Atticus' mk5 zs 22102009237
Atticus' mk5 zs 22102009236

looked ok I suppose and was in really good condition but it just wasn't my cup of tea tbh so I set about getting some standard parts:

Atticus' mk5 zs 27102009248
Atticus' mk5 zs 29112009275

also de-tangoed:
Atticus' mk5 zs 29112009273

eventually got some phase 2 wheels instead of the phase 1's and also fitted a mongoose cat-back:

Atticus' mk5 zs 20112009269

now... at this point I wasn't entirely sure exactly what route I wanted to go with my little fiesta... as it was my daily I didn't want to completely gut out the interior so decided to go down the OEM route for starters.

so recently lowered it and re-tangoed and fitted a leather interior from the 'Black' edition fiesta:

Atticus' mk5 zs 15042010355
Atticus' mk5 zs 15042010354

now while I am fairly happy with the way it is now I have been bitten by the track bug and want to turn it into a bit more of a track toy so the next couple of months will hopefully see the following happen:

- Fully stripped out interior
- Bucket seats
- Coilovers
- 280mm brakes
- Decent 4 Branch
- Rollcage
- Buy myself a van that will help with my job and also something to use as a daily lol

Bigger ideas I have for further in the future are:
- Respray (yellow with black bumpers, side skirts and turismo arches)
- ST150 engine on TB's

etc etc... lol I'm sure you all know the drill

so yeah, hoping my wheels will be black for FITP and orange calipers to keep with the current theme.

thanks for reading, I will update as I go Smile c & c welcome

Callum.
Back to top Go down
Lynz
Club Staff
Lynz

Atticus' mk5 zs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Atticus' mk5 zs   Atticus' mk5 zs I_icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 11:50 am

good work, look forward to seeing the changes in the future
Back to top Go down
AliP
Im no post virgin
AliP

Atticus' mk5 zs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Atticus' mk5 zs   Atticus' mk5 zs I_icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 1:47 pm

mongoose cat back, I had one on my old mk5, I loved it, prefer to the other options

good work chap, and hope to see some updates!
Back to top Go down
atticus
Im no post virgin
atticus

Atticus' mk5 zs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Atticus' mk5 zs   Atticus' mk5 zs I_icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 4:46 pm

thanks guys Very Happy can't wait to get into it properly

and as for the mongoose, I much prefer it over other choices and got it 6 months old for £150 which is fine with me lol coupled with a decent manifold and de-cat they sound great
Back to top Go down
Mart.
Club Staff
Mart.

Atticus' mk5 zs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Atticus' mk5 zs   Atticus' mk5 zs I_icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 2:10 am

Looks good dude. Keep it standard looking on the outside. Cant beat a bit of tango.

Plans sound good for the future aswell
Back to top Go down
atticus
Im no post virgin
atticus

Atticus' mk5 zs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Atticus' mk5 zs   Atticus' mk5 zs I_icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 4:53 am

thanks mate Smile these cars look so good standard that messing with the exterior too much can spoil them so exterior wise I am pretty happy for now Smile
Back to top Go down
B-Tech Racing
Founder
B-Tech Racing

Atticus' mk5 zs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Atticus' mk5 zs   Atticus' mk5 zs I_icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 12:56 pm

looking good dude, will be nice to put a face to the car now at fitp

keep us posted witht the updates
Back to top Go down
MarcW
Im no post virgin
MarcW

Atticus' mk5 zs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Atticus' mk5 zs   Atticus' mk5 zs I_icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 3:08 pm

re-tangoed. good man.

and plans for the next couple of months sound good, keep with the updates.
Back to top Go down
Mart.
Club Staff
Mart.

Atticus' mk5 zs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Atticus' mk5 zs   Atticus' mk5 zs I_icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 4:42 am

atticus wrote:
thanks mate Smile these cars look so good standard that messing with the exterior too much can spoil them so exterior wise I am pretty happy for now Smile

I agree. Manks is a perfect example of staying standard on the outside.
Back to top Go down
atticus
Im no post virgin
atticus

Atticus' mk5 zs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Atticus' mk5 zs   Atticus' mk5 zs I_icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 5:45 pm

thanks for the comments everyone Smile looking forward to meeting you all at fitp, hoping to have a couple more things done by then Smile

oh yeh... re-tango is definately the new de-tango hehe

you are right Mart, Mank's is a perfect example of less is more... I've even considered getting standard bumpstrips back on mine a couple of times to get it looking even more standard Smile
Back to top Go down
Mart.
Club Staff
Mart.

Atticus' mk5 zs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Atticus' mk5 zs   Atticus' mk5 zs I_icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 6:56 am

Definetley get the side strips back on, im not keen on zs' without them. Ash on zsoc used to have no strips and he put them back on and it looks so much better.
Back to top Go down
atticus
Im no post virgin
atticus

Atticus' mk5 zs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Atticus' mk5 zs   Atticus' mk5 zs I_icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 6:06 am

well I have sold them on unfortunately but may get some others to put back on in the future
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Atticus' mk5 zs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Atticus' mk5 zs   Atticus' mk5 zs I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Atticus' mk5 zs
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General :: Projects-
Jump to: